Call for Proposals
We hope you will consider presenting a lesson or project that builds on the theme “Only in America.” The proposal deadline is January 20, 2017.
Note that you may submit your own 50-minute session or team up with up to two other teachers producing lessons and/or projects on similar topics. Examples of suggested topics include:
- Truth vs. Fiction: How to Conduct Scholarly Research in the Age of Information Overload
- The End of Rhetoric: What’s the Point of Teaching Argumentation in Post-Truth America?
- Literature Will Save Us (Again): The Power of Empathy to Bridge American Divides
- How to Teach Bias Without Bias
- The Politics of Teaching
- Teaching American Paradoxes: Order vs. Freedom and Beyond
- A Call to Arms: “Good” vs. “Bad” Wars
- Manifest Destiny: Teaching the Truth about Westward Expansion
- Language of Hope: Teaching the Founding Documents in Contemporary America
- American Dream vs. Reality
Please use the form below to submit your proposal for CASE , or email proposals directly to Bernie Heidkamp (bheidkamp [AT] oprfhs.org) or Katy Newcomb (knewcomb [AT] lths.net)