Call for Proposals
We hope you will consider presenting a lesson or project that builds on the theme “Hatred and Healing in America.” The proposal deadline is January 12, 2018.
Possible topics include:
- Media Literacy
- How to listen to and understand the news and allegations of “fake news”
- How to think critically about images and video
- Comparing and contrasting different news outlets
- Social Media – Exploring the role in plays in our national dialogues
- Sources of hate speech – citizens, politicians, leaders
- Historical perspective – how has the US coped with these matters in the past?
- Voices of resistance
- Addressing specific fears and concerns of the students in our classroom
- What to do about it? The power of individual and group voices
- The rise of the KKK and Neo-Naziism in America
- The challenges of having and expressing an opinion as a teacher
Note that you may submit your own 50-minute session or team up with up to two other teachers producing lessons and/or projects on similar topics.
Please use the form below to submit your proposal for CASE , or email proposals directly to Bernie Heidkamp (bheidkamp [AT] oprfhs.org) or Katy Newcomb (knewcomb [AT] lths.net)