Call for Proposals
We hope you will consider presenting a lesson or project that builds on the theme “Justice in America.” The proposal deadline is December 14, 2018.
Possible topics include:
- From “Letters from Birmingham Jail” to Between the World and Me: rhetorical approaches to injustice
- “This is America”: how is music and poetry have a unique role the fight for justice?
- Abigail Fisher, Affirmative Action, and teaching the history of (in)equity in education
- Feminist utopias/dystopias: the future as allegory for the present
- Consider presentations or panels that address race, justice, crime and punishment, activism, social change — past and present, locally and nationally, in educational and political settings, in local and national conversations.
- Consider presenting best practices — proven and adaptable classroom lessons and projects on the topics above.
Note that you may submit your own 50-minute session or team up with up to two other teachers producing lessons and/or projects on similar topics.
Please use the form below to submit your proposal for CASE , or email proposals directly to Bernie Heidkamp (bheidkamp [AT] oprfhs.org) or Katy Newcomb (knewcomb [AT] lths.net)